At 7 years old, I knew exactly what I wanted to do when I grew up.
I was deternimed that someday I was going to become a designer and a college soccer player. My mom kept an annual journal documenting my answer to see if it ever changed. But year after year I would give the same answer.
Fast forward many years, I'm now graduated from the University of South Carolina with a BFA in Graphic Design. Additionally, I competed as a student-athlete for the women's soccer program.
Although my athletic career came to a close, my career in design has only just begun. My fascination for user-experience, passion for design and need for challenge drove me to pursue my Masters. Currently I'm living in Richmond, VA. attending VCU Brandcenter and will be graduating May 12, 2018 with my Masters of Science in Business/Branding with a concentration in Experience Design.
10 things you (don't) need to know:
- I was the youngest kid to get contact lenses at the age of 5.
- I come from a very dutch family and everyone is over six feet tall.
- In 3 days, I raised over $500 at my Lemonade stand. Which was enough money to buy my first wakeboard. (4th grade)
- I LOVE jumpsuits. If I could wear them everyday, I would.
- The first thing I want to check off my bucket list is Backpacking through New Zealand.
- I love to work at a white desk.
- I've lived in 13 different houses/apartments in 23 years.
- I could live on fruit. Perhaps even just grapefruit.
- As a sophomore in college I managed to break my wrist, ankle, back, tear my meniscus, and get 3 stress fractures.
- My top 3 favorite candies include: Charleston Chew, Circus Peanuts and Airhead soft-filled bites.
How my brain works:
Uncovering the business problems, goals, needs, insights, audience, success criteria, capabilities & constraints.
A succinct strategy, requirements list, technical specifications & brand guidelines.
Creating the experience through workflows, personas, user journeys, wireframes, prototypes, visual direction & assets.
Post-Launch evaluation. How is the product performing? What are the lessons learned?
Adobe Suite, Cinema 4D, Sketch, Principle, Axure, Final Cut, InVision, Wordpress, Keynote Prototyping, CSS/HTML
About my Logo
I love the water. To me water represents life, movement, freedom, energy and happiness. Not to mention endless activities such as boating, wakeboarding, surfing, swimming, etc... My inspiration derives from my the look of WSL, RVCA, Roxy, Billabong, and Quicksilver's logo. To make it my own, I incorporated my initials "c" and "b" within the two waves. This logo is a constant remind to make sure keep going and doing what I love.